- About KSTA
- Conference Info
KSTA's Mission and Purpose
KSTA's MISSION is to promote and support effective and innovative science education throughout Kentucky.
The PURPOSE of KSTA is to:
- assist science educators implementing the Kentucky Core Content for Science.
- serve as an advocate for the science teaching community.
- sponsor statewide and regional meetings.
- assist with program planning in science.
- promote the science interests and talents of Kentucky students.
- aid science teachers in the improvement of science instruction.
- assist with the exchange of ideas among science teachers.
- provide opportunities for professional growth for teachers.
- unify efforts of persons and groups interested in science in Kentucky.
- survey opinions of Kentucky science teachers.
- take affirmative actions on issues affecting Kentucky science teachers.
- promote research in science education.