Sherry Fox KSTA Distinguished Service Award
The Kentucky Science Teachers Association presents a Distinguished Service Award in the field of science education. This award is designed to recognize exemplary science leaders across the state of Kentucky who have made significant contributions to science education.
Science education professionals from all levels and types of institutions are eligible, such as public or private schools, universities, colleges, non-formal science institutions, and others.
KSTA Board Members are not eligible.
Past awardees are not eligible.
- Recognition and presentation of a plaque at awards ceremony
- One-year membership to KSTA
- One complimentary registration to the annual conference in the year following the award
- Press release sent to the newspaper in the awardees home community
Deadline for nominations June 30, 2018
Deadline for applications August 31, 2018
Text length should be equivalent to one double spaced page in 12 point font.
The KSTA Awards Committee will select a winner for this award.
To ensure consistency in scoring, the committee will use a rubric to score applications.
Applicants will be evaluated using criteria such as (but not limited to) the following:
- Professionalism and Leadership
- Professional Biography
- Community Involvement
- Letters of Support