Outstanding Teacher of the Year Award
The Kentucky Science Teachers Association annually awards an elementary, middle, and high school teacher in the field of science education. This award is designed to recognize exemplary science teachers from across the state of Kentucky who are helping to advance KSTA’s mission of effective and innovative science education.
- Teachers from grade levels pre-K through grade 12 are eligible if they have at least three years of full-time classroom experience in Kentucky.
- Awardees do not have to be a current member, but will earn complimentary membership for their first year.
- Current KSTA Board Members are not eligible.
- Past awardees are not eligible
- Nominator or nominee may complete application form for nominated teacher
In addition to a plaque and public recognition at the KSTA annual conference, awardees will receive a grant of $100.00 to use in any manner they see fit for enhancing their instruction. Also, awardees are granted complimentary membership in KSTA
for one year and complimentary registration for the annual conference at which they will receive the award. KSTA will send a prepared press release to the newspaper in the awardee’s home community. Awardees are invited to present at least one session at the KSTA conference regarding the successes of their students and classroom instruction.
A single award will be given in each of these categories: Elementary (pre-K-5), Middle (6-8), and High (9-12)
Nomination Deadline: June 15, 2018
Application Deadline: August 31, 2018
Street address, city, state, and zip of the Nominee's contact address
The KSTA Awards Committee will select a winner for this award. To ensure consistency in scoring, the committee will use a rubric to score applications. The scoring rubric will include the following criteria:
- Evidence of commitment to professionalism and leadership in science education
- Evidence of commitment to effectiveness and innovation in science teaching
- Letters of support