KSTA's MISSION is to promote and support effective and innovative science education throughout Kentucky.
The PURPOSE of KSTA is to:
• assist science educators implementing the Kentucky Core Content for Science.
• serve as an advocate for the science teaching community.
• sponsor statewide and regional meetings.
• assist with program planning in science.
• promote the science interests and talents of Kentucky students.
• aid science teachers in the improvement of science instruction.
• assist with the exchange of ideas among science teachers.
• provide opportunities for professional growth for teachers.
• unify efforts of persons and groups interested in science in Kentucky.
• survey opinions of Kentucky science teachers.
• take affirmative actions on issues affecting Kentucky science teachers.
• promote research in science education.